[OpenID] OpenID AX and LIberty

Eric Norman ejnorman at doit.wisc.edu
Sat Aug 11 21:19:41 UTC 2007

On Aug 11, 2007, at 10:44 AM, Peter Williams wrote:

> One can trivally make the same temporal statement using OpenID AX
> of course. IN fact its easier, with shared-key based assurances.
> One stuffs the RDF N3 stream into an AX attributes, which is
> conveyed over the association established - for some period of time.
>
> For the purpose of OpenID design debate, we have to find a way to
> formalize the relationship between AX and Auth, so that the
> "purpose for which we use an association" has well defined
> semantics. Ideally, a means would exist to declard that said
> purpose has realtime temporal semantics, perhaps  identical to
> those defined by the SAML standard.

OK. so I don't know much about the gory details of OpenID AX.

Nevertheless, based just on the phrase "Attribute Exchange", it
sure does seem to bear a lot in common with the Liberty Alliance
notion of account linking.

So I wonder how much has already been done, how much would
be reusable, and so forth.  I'm wondering this in the sense of
concepts, design, protocols, code, and whatever else.

Eric Norman
http://ejnorman.blogspot.com