[OpenID] [foaf-dev] cryptographics web of trust

B.K. DeLong bkdelong at pobox.com
Thu Aug 9 17:31:04 UTC 2007

Thanks  Ben - I can always count on you to jab with a sharp stick.
Yeah, backups = good. I was lamenting on issues from several years
ago. I have the various encrypted USB backups, floppies and  a RAID-5
for my own redundant backup setups

But the main point I was trying to make was if we bring Public Key to
Social Networks, that will ensure many more hundreds to thousands of
people with the potential to loose keys and the need for recovery (or
PITA support requests).

We can't all rely that your average teen or single parent or whatever
will have a robust backup scenario - especially with we make the PKI
transparent so they don't have to deal or think about the
"complexities" of it.

--
B.K. DeLong (K3GRN)
bkdelong at pobox.com
+1.617.797.8471

http://www.wkdelong.org                    Son.
http://www.ianetsec.com                    Work.
http://www.bostonredcross.org             Volunteer.
http://www.carolingia.eastkingdom.org   Service.
http://bkdelong.livejournal.com             Play.

PGP Fingerprint:
38D4 D4D4 5819 8667 DFD5  A62D AF61 15FF 297D 67FE

FOAF:
http://foaf.brain-stream.org