[OpenID] Anti-OpenID Campaign in Germany

Mark Cross openid-general at thirdvisit.co.uk
Fri Apr 27 18:27:18 UTC 2007

Dear Johannes,

hmm and I have it good authority from a friend of mine that the Tor
project is already compromised from a security services point of view

http://tor.eff.org/

So if OpenID scares people - I suspect probably everything does!

Just my 2 cents worth

Mark

Johannes Ernst wrote:
> There are some serious political plans in Germany to *require* each
> ISP to store
>   - browsing history of their customers
>   - e-mail history
> for 6 months, starting in 2008.
>
> http://www.n-tv.de/794665.html for the German speakers.
>
> Whatever data OpenID might be leaking is dwarfed by this ... and
> whatever we might be able to do technically in an OpenID context is
> completely moot if this legal initiative passes.
>

> On Apr 25, 2007, at 3:24, Lukas Rosenstock wrote:
>

>> Am 25.04.2007, 11:07 Uhr, schrieb Recordon, David
>> <drecordon at verisign.com>:
>>

>>> Seems there are some campaigns
>>> (http://www.deltalima2.de/aktion-openid-nein-danke --
>>> http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%
>>> 2Fwww.deltalima2.de%2
>>> Faktion-openid-nein-danke&langpair=de%