[OpenID] OpenID + Certs

Jim Spring jmspring at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 01:36:59 UTC 2007

Pat -

Depends on the mode of SSL.  If one is only using the more widespread
Server Authentication,
then you are presenting nothing about yourself to the server until
you provide other credentials
such as username/password.  If SSL is using Client Authentication,
then it is true that if you
validate yourself with a user certificate, you are in possession of
the private key.  However, this
authentication is happening (in the case of the browser) using a
certificate/key pair known to the
browser.  Where the disconnect is, how does this tie in with the
presentation of the OpenID
credential?

-jim