[OpenID] Is there interest in such a Perl module

Martin Foster martin at ethereal-realms.org
Sat Apr 14 15:57:17 UTC 2007

Mark Fowler wrote:

> On 13 Apr 2007, at 19:25, Martin Foster wrote:
>
>> So based on the above, would such a module be a welcomed addition?  Or
>> should I just keep it as part of my sites code?
>
> Yes, I'd welcome this a lot.  I've been in the situation of having to
> integrate OpenID into existing Perl applications rather than starting
> from scratch and it was not only not trivial but confusing and not
> straight forward (in fact, in the end, I ran out of time and delegated
> it to a couple of other programmers.)
>
> Such a module as you describe would be very good.
>
> Mark.
> (warning: this post written when jetlagged)

http://www.ethereal-realms.org/download/pub/openid/Crypt-OpenID-1_0b.tar.gz

For the time being, I will opt to place the module in my own archives.
   Still having problems with Crypt::Random which seems to be an
older/non-maintained module anyways.  So I'll probably replace it with
something else when I get around to make it Spec 2.0 compatible.

The module comes with an example that integrates with my code, has all
of the necessary tools to create a working consumer/server/discovery
after some changes since its heavily formed around my code.

Feel free to pass it along, I'll also gladly accept changes!

     Martin Foster
     Creator/Designer Ethereal Realms
     martin at ethereal-realms.org