[OpenID] XRDS documents

Martin Foster martin at ethereal-realms.org
Fri Apr 6 17:42:00 UTC 2007

Josh Hoyt wrote:
> On 4/5/07, Martin Foster <martin at ethereal-realms.org> wrote:
>> What if the user had implemented Yadis some time ago and supports LID
>> along with OpenID 1.x.   So when he pulls that XRDS document the
>> consumer would look for the 1.x protocols only since it was not
>> programmed when 2.x capable clients went out the door.
>>
>> Does this make sense or am I being too cautious in my assessment?
>
> I think that what Tan means is:
>
> <Service xmlns="xri://$xrd*($v*2.0)"
> xmlns:openid="http://openid.net/xmlns/1.0">
>   <URI>https://www.exampleprovider.com/endpoint/</URI>
>
>   <Type>http://specs.openid.net/auth/2.0/signon</Type>
>   <LocalID>https://user.exampleprovider.com/</LocalID>
>
>   <Type>http://openid.net/signon/1.0</Type>
>   <openid:Delegate>https://user.exampleprovider.com/</openid:Delegate>
> </Service>
>
> Josh

And you can also throw in the SREG services if your OpenID
implementation supports that in any way shape or form.   So to confirm,
it is a good idea of put entries for both 2.0 and 1.x support in case
you run into older clients?

On a side note, are XRI and Yadis required only for discovery?

	Martin Foster
	Creator/Designer Ethereal Realms
	martin at ethereal-realms.org