[OpenID] XRDS documents

Drummond Reed drummond.reed at cordance.net
Thu Apr 5 05:14:23 UTC 2007

Martin,

In the examples you cite below, there are three differences (sounds almost
like a "spot the differences" game ;-):

1) The second Yadis example is the only one that shows the use of the
priority= attribute on the Service element. This can be used on any Service
element in any XRDS document to control Service selection if the document
has have more than one instance of a specific service type (for redundancy,
different service providers, etc.)

2) The final example you cite uses the XRDS native LocalID element which is
being added as a child of the Service element in XRI Resolution 2.0 Working
Draft 11 (in Working Draft 10, LocalID was only specified at the XRD level).
This replaces the need for the openid:Delegate element that is shown in the
Yadis examples.

3) The final example uses the service type URI defined in the OpenID
Authentication 2.0 working draft spec
(http://specs.openid.net/auth/2.0/signon) instead of the one used in
1.0/1.1.

Hope this helps,