[OpenID] use of net.openid vs com.sxip for Java libraries

Granqvist, Hans hgranqvist at verisign.com
Wed Apr 4 16:33:59 UTC 2007

Unfortunately, with open source, people infer endorsement
from package names. org.apache.* is a good example. I
strongly suggest avoiding that trap.

If you start sub classing a namespace, as in for example
net.openid.openid4java.*, not only do you confuse the user
as per above, but you start getting too long package
names with potential duplicate word stems.

org.sxip.* has a good ring to it -- I'd use it!

-Hans