[OpenID] ANN: Python OpenID 2.0.0 Release Candidate 1

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Sun Apr 1 05:34:53 UTC 2007

Kevin Turner <kevin at janrain.com> writes:

> We'd like to release to you some software that implements OpenID
> 2.0.  Or rather, revision 294 of the OpenID 2.0 draft specification,
> perhaps I should say.

For those who haven't yet done much research into OpenID 2.0: does
writing software using the Jan Rain libraries that support OpenID 2.0
mean extra work for supporting existing OpenID 1.x peers?

Or is it instead true that supporting OpenID 2.0 means that OpenID 1.x
protocol is automatically supported also?

> I am calling the version of this library 2.0.0.  Well, the first
> release candidate for what will be version 2.0.0.  We license it to
> you under the terms of the Apache Software License, version 2.0.

Thankyou for making this clear in the announcement.

--
 \     "If I had known what it would be like to have it all... I might |
  `\       have been willing to settle for less."  -- Jane Wagner, via |