[Code] Fwd: library news and code at openid.net
brianellin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 17:25:41 PDT 2009
Greetings OpenID coders!
Below is the announcement of this list that I sent to the
openidenabled.comdeveloper email list. I thought it'd be useful to
post here as well.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Brian Ellin <brian at janrain.com>
Date: Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 5:22 PM
Subject: library news and code at openid.net
To: dev at openidenabled.com
Dear dev at openidenabled.com list,
We are joining forces with openid.net to consolidate this list with the new
<code at openid.net> email list. The new list will be home to all things
OpenID code and library related, from library internals to implementation
details and issues. By having a single list for developers hosted at
openid.net we hope to build a stronger community around the *all* the
available libraries in the OpenID developer community.
To join the new list, please visit: http://openid.net/mailman/listinfo/code
Additionally, we are changing the development workflow for the libraries
currently hosted and maintained at openidenabled.com. Changes to the PHP
library workflow include:
* Adding Will Norris (Vidoop/Diso) and Luke Shepard (Facebook) as
maintainers of the library.
* Git will be used as the new version control system, and the repo will be
hosted on github at http://github.com/bce/php-openid/tree/master.
* If you are interested in contributing to the library, simply fork the
repo on github!
* Create a home for all OpenID code on code.google.com, which will house a
bug tracker and wiki for use with the libraries. This is being spearheaded
by Chris Messina and David Recordon, so look for news on the
code at openid.netlist for details. We will continue using the trac on
openidenabled.com until this happens. This is a GREAT thing for OpenID!
* Apply the new workflow to the Ruby and Python libraries.
What about openidenabled.com?
* openidenabled.com will still run the tests at
* the live demos will also continue to run, as they are handy for testing
* The ruby and python darcs repositories and release workflow will stay on
openidenabled.com for the time being.
* The PHP darcs repo will remain available for now, though patches to the
git repos will not be available in the darcs repos.
* New PHP releases will continue to be made available on
openidenabled.com<http://oepnidenabled.com/>until the new home on
code.google.com exists, at which point releases will be distributed there.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Code