[Code] Starting out

ヨンニ ベリィストロム jonny at unigent.jp
Thu Jun 11 06:20:42 UTC 2009

Hello, new member

I'm starting out here, my idea is to allow people to log in using OpenID
on the website I'm working on.
So far I just implemented Facebook Connect, but want to replace that to
support OpenID.
I don't really have a member system that I need to use on my site
(actually there is a member system, but at this point I don't have a
need for it).

My main question is:  Where is a good way to start?

I've been reading in different places at openid.net <http://openid.net>
and so on but honestly I still don't really understand how it all works.
I've found http://www.plaxo.com/api/openid_recipe
<http://www.plaxo.com/api/openid_recipe> and am thinking about following
that, the only difference from that explanation is that it's directed
towards a site that wants to "glue" OpenID users with site users, and as
stated I currently don't need that.

I happen to be using Zend's php library and it happened to have a OpenID
part of it, but while setting that up (using
http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/zend.openid.consumer.html
<http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/zend.openid.consumer.html> ) I just
feel there's something missing (probably in my knowledge), because the
first page with the first form built with those steps just consists of a
single input field - aren't there supposed to be two, one for login id
and one for password? How am I supposed to login with my google account?
The plan is to allow people to sign in on my site using third party
account (google, facebook, yahoo, mixi, myspace and so on).

I think I really need a simple to follow step by step tutorial to pull
this off. :-/ Any help?

Thanks, Jonny

株式会社ユニジェント

ヨンニ ベリィストロム(Jonny Bergström)