[OpenID board] Welcome Ashih Jain to the OpenID Foundation Board

Don Thibeau don at oidf.org
Mon Feb 6 15:03:47 UTC 2017

Ashish

On behalf of the OpenID Foundation, this is to welcome you to the Board of Directors.  We look forward to seeing you at our next meeting on February 15 in San Francisco downtown at Microsoft Offices. This meeting is typically a strategic review of plans and priorities for 2017.

We will discuss a OpenID Certification Program Roadmap with a focus on a phased roll out, from testing the (RP) test, encouraging early adoption by members during a (no charge) pilot phase to general availability targeted for the end of the 2017. We will review improvements to our software library listing service, marketing outreach and as always stretch a "subsistence" budget to cover an overdue upgrade to our website, membership databases and back office operations.

Like other Directors you'll soon receive an updated OpenID Foundation Website Privacy Policy for your review and vote. While the Foundation's use of personally identifying information is minimal and its exposure limited, we have invested considerable time and expense to have a forward looking and globally compliant policy.

All this is to say thanks for putting yourself forward and joining us,

Regards

Don Thibeau
Executive Director
The OpenID Foundation

Post from openID.net <http://openid.net/2017/02/06/2017-openid-foundation-board-of-directors-election-results/>

The OpenID Foundation is pleased to welcome Ashish Jain of VMware as the new board representative for the corporate class of members, Ashish has been elected to a one-year term. Thanks to Dale Olds, also of VMware, for his service in the past year in this role. Dale was most helpful in VMware’s hosting of a successful OpenID Foundation Workshop this past October.

These workshops have become important collaboration opportunities across working groups and the community at large. They were the venues for early testing and refinement of the OpenID Connect Certification Program. Now with over 120 OP Certifications listed, the Foundation turns to RP testing as a key initiative in 2017.

We are also pleased to announce that John Bradley and Michael B. Jones have been re-elected as individual board representatives and have been elected to two-year terms. With no full time employees or contractors, volunteers drive the OpenID Foundation. John and Mike have provided invaluable technical expertise as well as important coordination with key standards development organizations.

I would also like to thank Torsten Lodderstedt for his skillful leadership of the MODRNA Working Group that has insured an important collaboration among MNOs as well as with members like the GSMA and others. We wish Torsten well in his new endeavors and thank Verizon’s Board Representative, Bjorn Hjelm, for stepping in to lead the important work of the MODRNA.

The MODRNA, iGOV, HEART and other working groups reflect the increasing scope and impact of the adoption of OpenID Connect. The new energy of a new colleague like Ashish, together with expert contributions from Mike and John, will combine with contributions from board members and volunteers to make this an exciting year for OpenID and digital identity.