[OpenID board] January 13, 2016 OpenID Executive Committee Meeting Minutes

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Thu Feb 18 18:05:00 UTC 2016

January 13, 2016 OpenID Executive Committee Meeting Minutes

Present:
Don Thibeau, Executive Director
John Bradley
George Fletcher
Mike Jones

Present on the Phone:
Adam Dawes

Absent:
Nat Sakimura

Visitors:
Tom Smedinghoff, Locke Lord LLP

1.       Discussion of Contribution License Agreement

Tom Smedinghoff created a proposed Contribution License Agreement (CLA) based on the Google CLA at https://cla.developers.google.com/clas.  We discussed Tom's proposed CLAs.  We decided to remove contributors list that Tom had added and to remove the "outside the scope of" language.

Adam moved that we approve Tom's documents as amended for use for Github contributions and for the executive director oversee implementation of a workflow implementing the use of this agreement.  John seconded.  The resolution passed unanimously.

The workflow will have code contributors sign both the existing contribution agreement and the software contribution agreement.  This will unblock software contributions in the short term.  We will work to unify the two contribution agreements as part of our larger package of updates to our legal agreements.