[OpenID board] October 29, 2014 OpenID Executive Committee Meeting Minutes

Don Thibeau don at oidf.org
Tue Nov 18 19:44:06 UTC 2014

OpenID Foundation Board:

This is an update on regarding the development of OpenID Foundation's self certification of conformance to the OpenID Connect Standard.

Several companies have expressed interest being among the first adopters, Forgerock, Google, Microsoft, Ping Identity and Salesforce.
Deutsche Telkom and KDDI may join the effort. These companies are preparing technical testing, legal review and other resources to make the RSA goal.

We have a final, signed copy of the contract jointly developed with Umeå University for deployment and operation of conformance testing software.  The contract reflects the testing software is being developed with the European Union GÉANT project. OpenID Foundation, Umeå University and GÉANT project will jointly communicate the collaboration as part of the launch.

Microsoft legal will soon begin a review Tom Smedinghoff's drafts of the self-certification document and the terms of service document. We plan to combine these two documents into a single TOS agreement. Thanks in advance to Microsoft for the "directed funding" of these legal resource. We hope Microsoft's due diligence will facilitate  that of others. We soon will share a comprehensive FAQ.

As Tony Nadalin requested we plan to add additional meetings to insure the Executive Committee and Board has viability into business, legal and technical developments.
Your attention in these matters is appreciated.

Don Thibeau
The OpenID Foundation <http://openid.net/>