[OpenID board] July 19, 2014 OpenID Board Meeting Minutes

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Thu Jul 31 20:07:06 UTC 2014

July 19, 2014 OpenID Board Meeting Minutes

Present in Person:
Don Thibeau, Executive Director
Nat Sakimura
John Bradley
George Fletcher
Pamela Dingle
Adam Dawes

Present on the Phone:
Mike Jones
Torsten Lodderstedt
Peter Graham

Absent:
Tony Nadalin
Paul Agbabian
Dylan Casey
Raj Mata

Visitors:
Debbie Bucci, US Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC)
John Ehrig, Global Inventures
Tom Smedinghoff, Edwards Wildman Palmer
Mike Leszcz, OnPR
Eric Sachs, Google

1.      Healthcare Information Exchange profile for OpenID Connect
Debbie Bucci reported that ONC plans to join the board at the sustaining level.  All that remains is payment mechanics.  The ONC develops healthcare exchange standards.  The use of OpenID Connect has been recommended by the ONC.  ONC has joined other technology organizations related to their mission.  The MIT Kerberos Consortium has an open source implementation being used for healthcare IT, and also plans to join the OpenID Foundation.

A Healthcare Information Exchange working group creating a profile of OpenID Connect is being planned.  A pilot project is being planned.

Debbie is leading a profiling and interoperability testing effort at ONC.  She pointed out that just because you're certified, that doesn't mean that you're interoperable.  Interop testing is needed for that.  Initial funding is from the innovation team at the Department of Veterans Affairs in San Diego.

This working group will follow our normal IPR policies and procedures.

2.      Mobile Connect Profile
The proposed charter for the working group was presented at the OpenID workshop today at the Cloud Identity Summit.  An initial working group meeting will be held on July 29th as a conference call.  Several mobile network operators have signed contribution agreements, including Deutsche Telekom, Telefonica, and Verizon.  T-Mobile plans to join but still needs to submit their contribution agreement.  Don plans to follow up with his contacts at T-Mobile.

3.      Board of Advisors
The board unanimously adopted the resolution creating a board of advisors.  This will allow Eric Sachs of Google and Dr. Peter Tippett of Verizon to continue participating in the foundation in an official capacity.

4.      Reactive PR Process
The board unanimously adopted the resolution creating a reactive PR process.

5.      Membership Update
PayPal has now paid their sustaining membership dues.  ONC's sustaining membership should become active shortly.

6.      Budget Update
The main change in the budget is lower projected legal fees for this year.  The board unanimously approved the budget as proposed.

7.      501(c)(6) Non-Profit Status
We have achieved our 501(c)(6) non-profit status.  This took seven years!  We are also in the final stages of our EU trademark registration.

8.      Vice-Chairmanship Position
George Fletcher was proposed as the new vice-chairman to replace Eric Sachs.  Adam Dawes was proposed as the new community liaison to replace George.  Both would then be on the executive committee.  There were no other nominations made.  The board unanimously approved the nominations.