[OpenID board] OIDF Board and EC 2014/15 Meeting Calendar Feedback

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Thu Jul 31 18:12:07 UTC 2014

I would choose RSA over IIW for the Spring board meeting.  The kinds of focused multi-hour board meetings we can have at RSA are much more valuable than the rushed, distracted ones we have at IIW.  We should also try to have the OIX board meet there and have a joint lunch again.  We should plan for a 2-3 hour board meeting at RSA so we have time to tackle substantive strategy and planning issues - not just rush through an agenda, which is all we have time for in one-hour meetings.

The other reason for choosing RSA is that I think we should be planning for P.R. and public launch events for a number of our initiatives there (and planning our work in the working groups accordingly).  The press is at RSA.  They aren't at IIW.

We should schedule a full board call soon after the election ends to elect officers - mid-to-late February.

Pam and John, can you please impress upon the Ping Identity meeting planners the importance of not scheduling CIS on top of IETF again - in this case the July 19-24 meeting in Prague?

                                                            -- Mike