[OpenID board] June 19, 2014 OpenID Executive Committee Call Minutes

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Thu Jul 10 22:15:46 UTC 2014

June 19, 2014 OpenID Executive Committee Call Minutes

Present:
Don Thibeau, Executive Director
Nat Sakimura
George Fletcher
Mike Jones
John Bradley

Visitors:
John Ehrig, Global Inventures

Absent:
(the vice-chair position is currently vacant)

1.      FY 2014/15 Budget
The budget is sustainable as-is, provided we don't lose any sustaining members.  The budget hasn't changed materially for the last number of months.  Google has offered directed funding for any reincorporation costs.  We would not reincorporate until we receive an IRS determination on our tax status, which should happen within a few months.  Don plans to circulate an updated budget.

2.      Recruitment Update
Raj and Farhang are working on the PayPal renewal, which is presently overdue.  A US Government agency seems likely to join at the board level.  The GSMA recently renewed their membership.  We have a robust pipeline of additional corporate members in the works.  A detailed recruitment report will be presented in advance of the board meeting during CIS.  Don is preparing a one-pager to help with recruitment.

3.      Liaison Update
There was no new news about liaison relationships.

4.      Council of Advisors
After the last set of EC minutes, it was agreed that this should be considered by the board.  Don will circulate a proposed board motion on this for review by the EC, after which an e-mail vote is proposed.

5.      OIDF Public Statement Process Discussion
The proposal on the table was to have the marketing committee create a statement and have a 24-hour board vote on whether to post it or not.  Having a short voting period would require a bylaw change.  The EC recommends that the marketing committee work on proposed bylaw language for approval by the board.

6.      Mobile Connect Profile Working Group
Torsten continues recruiting contribution agreements from mobile operator participants.

7.      OpenID Workshop at CIS
Don is working on an agenda for the OpenID Workshop at the Cloud Identity Summit.

8.      Member Benefit Web Page
Nat asked if we could add more information to the page at http://openid.net/foundation/benefits-members/.  Don said that this content is the same as we used for recruiting at CIS last year.  Don is working on a new graphic for the one-pager, and it could be added here as well.