[OpenID board] January 9, 2014 OpenID Board Call Minutes

Nat Sakimura sakimura at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 08:58:06 UTC 2014

Sorry, I should have spotted it earlier. One minor correction from
Attribution Aggregation to Attribute aggregation framework.

Thanks,

Nat

> January 9, 2014 OpenID Board Call Minutes
>

> Present:
>
> Don Thibeau, Executive Director
>
> Nat Sakimura
>
> Mike Jones
>
> George Fletcher
>
> John Bradley
>
> Scott Kern
>
> Henrik Biering
>
> Pamela Dingle
>
> Greg Keegstra
>
> Raj Mata
>
> Eric Sachs
>

> Absent:
>
> Paul Agbabian
>
> Dylan Casey
>
> Tony Nadalin
>
> Axel Nennker
>

> Visitors:
>
> John Ehrig, Global Inventures
>

> 1.      Corporate board seat election update
>
> The corporate board set election has opened.  Several candidates have
already expressed interest.  Nominations will close on January 20th.

> 2.      RSA Board Meeting
>
> The agenda will look at strategic issues and opportunities for the
Foundation.  We will elect a new executive committee then.  One agenda item
will be Account Chooser bootstrapping.  We anticipate a joint announcement
with the GSMA.  We should discuss liaison actions then.  Trademark issues
are likely to be on the agenda as well.  We will celebrate and launch
OpenID Connect on Wednesday, February 26th.

> 3.      Liaison Update
>
> ISO/IEC JTC1 SC27/WG5 voting is under way.  It takes four months.  Our
liaison committee for them should in place by the end of March.  We agreed
that, for now, the executive committee will serve as the liaison committee.

> We currently have no liaison relationship with ITU-T SG17.  Nat will
informally ask about establishing that at the end of the month and will
report back to the board.  One relevant work item is x.ATAG (Attribution
Aggregation).  A benefit would be making it possible for them to reference
our specs.

> We received a liaison request from Kantara.  We agreed to establish a
liaison relationship.  Mike stated his belief that our liaison
representative should not be someone who is also a Kantara board member, so
that the relationship is clearly being conducted at arm's length.

> We discussed the potential conflicts of interest in OpenID Board members
working on OpenID Connect deployment profiles in other organizations,
rather than in the OpenID Foundation.  As a specific outcome of this
discussion, John Bradley agreed to share the work he's been doing on a
Connect profile for the U.S. Government with the OpenID Connect working
group on an ongoing basis.

> [Eric Sachs joined the call at this point]
>

> 4.      OpenID Connect Update
>
> Mike described where we are on approving final OpenID Connect
specifications, per
http://openid.net/2013/12/20/review-of-proposed-final-openid-connect-specifications-and-implementers-drafts/.
 He highlighted that we still have work to do to produce a final session
management (logout) specification.  Eric Sachs took an action to have his
engineering team engage on this topic.

> 5.      Account Chooser Report
>
> In October, push bootstrapping was demonstrated.  The working group
believes we're technically ready to go for push bootstrapping for OIDF
member companies.  Push bootstrapping for a broader audience is being
worked on.  Whitelist privacy and legal issues still need board input.  Don
circulated a draft self-certification document to the board for review.

> We discussed that a board vote should be taken about this, since it has
privacy implications.  A board vote on this will be taken at the RSA
meeting.  People wanting specific changes to the proposed language should
provide them before RSA.

> [Raj Mata left the meeting at this point]
>

> 6.      Recruiting Report
>
> Salesforce has renewed its corporate membership and ForgeRock has joined
as a corporate member.  Several additional prospects are likely, including
several large companies.

> 7.      Marketing Report
>
> Connect launch events in Barcelona and San Francisco on February 26th are
planned.  A GSMA meeting in London during RSA is being planned.  Statements
of support for the Connect launch from members and deployers are being
collected.

> 8.      Native Applications Report
>
> The Native Applications specification has been refactored to separate API
definitions from protocol definitions.

> 9.      Calendar
>
> We have agreements for OpenID workshops at GSM Mobile World Congress, the
European Identity and Cloud Conference, and the Cloud Identity Summit.

Nat Sakimura (=nat)
Chairman, OpenID Foundation
http://nat.sakimura.org/
@_nat_en