[OpenID board] 3/28 OpenID workshop in London hosted by Google

Eric Sachs esachs at google.com
Mon Feb 6 19:35:04 UTC 2012

I wanted to notify the board that Google will be hosting a European OpenID
workshop and the initial details of the event are at
http://oidflondon2012march.eventbrite.com.  It will be at Google's London
offices on March 28th in a 70 person room.  Google will be paying for the
event, and our goal is to connect more of our customers/partners to OpenID
vendors as well as discuss strong authentication.  Don Thibeau will be
speaking (Google is paying for his T&E), and Ping is already committed, and
a few of the other vendors on the OIDF are also interested and are working
to confirm their attendance.  Ping is also planning to run a full-day
workshop the day before nearby, and we are going to cross-promote the two
events.

We will flush out the agenda once we have a better idea of the vendors who
will be involved.  We will be targeting business decision makers in the B-C
space.  Right now it is a "Google" event, but once we flush out the agenda
we will probably ask the OIDF for permission to brand it as an OIDF Summit.
 I have contacted each of the current and prospective OIDF corporate
members who is a vendor with a product/service in this space to see if they
want to be involved.  However I have also told them that to be involved
they must be corporate OIDF members who are not overdue on their membership
fees.

Eric Sachs | Senior Product Manager | esachs at google.com