[OpenID board] 2011-01-19 OIDF EC Call Minute

David Recordon recordond at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 22:14:23 UTC 2011

Nat, completely understand how quorum has become a challenge and glad
to see us dig into how we make the Foundation more nimble overall.

I'm worried that we're treating the surface wound and not the
underlying cause by raising the fee to $100. It seems like the larger
issue here is that we have members – both individual and corporate –
who aren't engaged in what the Foundation is doing. Member engagement
at other than the sustaining level has been an issue for multiple
years. I'd rather see us put effort into increasing the value of
membership across all levels to create more engagement and thus have
that solve our quorum problem.

Foundation events are a great way to engage more people, but have to
only be the start.

--David