[OpenID board] ReadWriteWeb: R.I.P. OpenID: Janrain Raises Millions to Do Just the Opposite

Eric Sachs esachs at google.com
Thu Aug 4 16:59:06 UTC 2011

Looks fine.  A bunch of small cleanup items below.

>> little corners of the internet<http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/rip_openid_janrain_raises_millions_to_do_just_the.php>
expand the hyperlink to include the l

>> preso is at
change to "presentation on"

>> OpenID Connect, like OAuth 2.0
Make OpenID Connect link to
http://openid.net/2011/07/15/current-map-for-openid-connect/

>> from Google, Microsoft and Facebook.
change to "from companies like"

>> small companies will do.  We can see where they invest.
change to "small companies will do, we can see where they invest."

>> those ChuckM described.
change to "Chuck Mortimore"

>>  at a OpenID Summit
change to "at an OpenID Summit"

>>  Mountain View CA at Microsoft's offices <http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/labs/siliconvalley/default.aspx>
 the OpenID Foundation will be hosting a technical interop and testing
workshop for engineers and developers interested in OpenID Connect.
Split the sentence so it ends after the hyperlink, i.e. ""... Mountain View
CA at Microsoft's
offices<http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/labs/siliconvalley/default.aspx>.
 The OpenID Foundation will be hosting a technical interop and testing
workshop for engineers and developers interested in OpenID Connect."

Lets also add a sentence at the end of the paragraph that says "There will
also be sessions for website operators who want to learn more about why they
should get out of the password business and integrate with identity
providers.  Information on how to register for the event will be posted
soon."

>> In other words, wether bearish or bullish don't touch the remote, stay
tuned for more of the very ambitious, widely discussed project called OpenID
Connect. <http://openid.net/2011/07/15/current-map-for-openid-connect/>
"wether" should be "whether" and need a comma after bullish
I am also uncomfortable with how the end of this sentence that is so
protocol specific, when we know that most of the big IDPs are more likely to
use OpenID Connect-"like" flows on top of OAuth.  Can we simply change the
end to say "In other words, whether bearish or bullish, don't touch the
remote, stay tuned for more in the evolution of the OpenID.

Eric Sachs | Senior Product Manager | esachs at google.com