[OpenID board] OpenID Strategy and Goals materials, plus proposed Resolutions

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Tue Nov 30 05:12:21 UTC 2010

Dear board,

I'm attaching a version of the OpenID Strategy and Goals material that Nat, John, and I have developed in response to the board's resolution at IIW.  A set of proposed resolutions to be considered at the end of our Thursday board meeting is also enclosed.

We're sending these to you now so you can review them before the meeting.  I know that Dick also plans to send his material for review.

What's still missing is a table listing what potential OpenID protocol features are needed to support the 6 proposed focus scenarios intended to inform our OpenID specification efforts.  John has done a mighty work gathering requirements from many parties and producing this.  I'm still in the process of making it pretty but didn't want to hold up the rest of the content for this, since the rest of it is reasonably mature.  Expect to see the table as well shortly.

                              For the committee of John, Nat and myself,
                                                            -- Mike