[OpenID board] in-person chat about Connect and v.Next

Dick Hardt dick.hardt at gmail.com
Sun May 23 20:54:41 UTC 2010

Hi Brian

I'm a big fan of Pragmatic Marketing and their Product Management model and I can add am MRD to the v.Next SOW. The charters should encapsulate most of a PRD. An overall v.Next PRD would be useful as the WGs spin up and a holistic product vision emerges. I don't think we have enough data for a v.Next PRD at this point, but we can create a draft MRD.

Given David and Jospeh's desire to get something out quickly, I don't think they will be wanting to wait for an MRD -- I would guess they think they know what they need for their use cases (and I believe they do have a good understanding of their use cases) -- and I don't get a sense they want to focus on their immediate use cases rather than take a holistic approach.

I'm hoping that if we sit down and chat over some beers, we can brain storm and figure out how to move forward. I don't think an MRD or PRD will be the path, but we can discuss that.

-- Dick