[OpenID board] OpenID UX Summit at Sears - Recap of the event

Brian Kissel bkissel at janrain.com
Thu Mar 4 01:06:58 UTC 2010

Hi Vikas,

Thanks so much for your comments below.   I'm not sure that everyone has as full an understanding of the progress that we've collectively made, so your words of encouragement and support are most appreciated.  I'm coping your message to the Adoption Committee and OpenID Foundation Board who are probably most well positioned to take action on your feedback and recommendations.  I agree with your recommendation to have a COTs and open source SW provider summit, we may now be reaching the stage where those vendors are more interested than they were 18 months ago, or even 6 months ago.  Also agree that an LDAP/OpenID working group makes sense if we can also find enough prospective deployers to make it informative for the technology vendors to participate.  For example, some of the generic interop testing we've done in the past would be much more meaningful with real customers and use cases.  As we've seen thus far, the more existing and prospective RPs we can bring to the table, the more interested OPs and technology providers are in getting engaged.

Again, thanks for the great feedback and constructive recommendations, please keep it coming!  By the way, if you haven't signed up for the Adoption Committee, we'd love to have you on it.

Cheers,

Brian

Brian Kissel<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/0/10/254>
CEO - JanRain, Inc.
bkissel at janrain.com
Mobile: 503.342.2668 | Fax: 503.296.5502
519 SW 3rd Ave. Suite 600  Portland, OR 97204

Increase registrations, engage users, and grow your brand with RPX.  Learn more at www.rpxnow.com<http://www.rpxnow.com/>