[OpenID board] OpenID Update: Orientation Briefing Feedback

David Recordon recordond at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 22:42:38 UTC 2010

And thanks for the edits!

Personally I'm fine with the Executive Committee being the four
officers assuming that it's scope and role is fairly small.

Whether it's part of the Executive Committee or separate, I believe
that there is a need for a regularly meeting group of the Officers and
Chairs.  This group would be smaller than the Board itself and ensure
that the Foundation is supporting the needs of all of the Committees
and tackle cross-functional issues.  This group must be empowered by
the Board to make decisions and thus progress.  This is why I can also
see a model where we re-charter the Executive Committee to have this
role.

I think about this much like how companies have executive teams that
generally have one representative from each major business function.

--David