[OpenID board] OpenID Update: Orientation Briefing Feedback

Don Thibeau (OIDF ED) don at oidf.org
Fri Jan 15 01:58:26 UTC 2010

OIDF Board Members

Yesterday the new members of the OpenID Board of Directors received an
orientation briefing on many of the plans and priorities we will discuss on
our first meeting Jan 20th. While not an official meeting, the agenda
previewed some of key issues the new board will consider as well as info for
our budget development and committee process for 2010.  The relevant content
from the orientation briefing will be updated and included as part of the
background material for the teleconference on the 20th.

For your information:

One of the suggestions that came out of that discussion was a suggestion
from Daniel Jacobson that the views of relying parties can be best
represented by the addition of a liaison on the executive committee.  It was
suggested that this new role be similar to that of the international and
technical community liaison positions. These "non officer" positions are
part of the executive committee by virtue of board convention established
last year rather than OIDF by laws.

Board Action Item:

Please let me know if you are unable to make the teleconference on the 20th
and, if desired, to whom you designate as your proxy.

Don Thibeau

don at OIDF.org

Executive Director

The OpenID Foundation