[OpenID board] NIH Town Hall Dec 10th

Don Thibeau (OIDF ED) don at oidf.org
Fri Sep 25 20:32:10 UTC 2009

Deb:

Thanks for the good news.  I am sure the OpenID Foundation will be well
represented at your town hall in December. I look forward to our panel and
your presentation on OpenID pilots at the NIST and NIH events next week.

OpenID has a growing international presence.  The OpenID Foundation Board
strategy for 2009 / 2010 identified international outreach as a key priority
and funded an outreach program to support adoption worldwide.  The acting
Vice Chairman of the Foundation's Board is Mr. Nat Sakimura, a leader in
innovative multi LOA applications development in Japan and a recognized
authority on OpenID and other identity protocols worldwide. As you know the
foundation has contracted with Mr. John Bradley, a Canadian citizen, to
provide training and technical assistance to US Government agencies and
other interested governments; including the UK and EU.

These gentlemen and others (copied above) may share their expertise
regarding your question re: ."what is the recommended way to 'create an
identity' for individuals from foreign countries who may only loosely be
affiliated with an agency? ..."  I am sure you will get a robust response.

Thanks again for your leadership and support of open identity for open
government.

Don Thibeau

don at OIDF.org

Executive Director