[OpenID board] Status of the OpenID Foundation Europe

Nat Sakimura sakimura at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 16:59:12 UTC 2009

Santosh,

I think you should read messages more carefully.
Neither mine or Don's message says anything about breaking up the
foundation.

Also, to your point of "Single, Unified, Centralized organization" view, I
do not agree that the situation that we live is as simple as that. You
invariably are required to meet the local legislation and it is quite
unrealistic and cost in-efficient to do it centralized way. Like OpenID
itself, I believe such should be distributed. Marketing is the same. A local
organization can do the marketing much more effectively than a centralized
organization as different culture may require very different requirement
sets.

After all, I do not fancy a world that "the global government" mandating its
way of doing things to other cultures.Perhaps I value diversity, freedom,
and autonomy much more than you do.

=nat

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 12:08 AM, Santosh Rajan <santrajan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Nat, Is that a +1 for breaking up OpenID?
>

> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 8:33 PM, Nat Sakimura <n-sakimura at nri.co.jp>wrote:
>
>> +1
>>
>> Also, I suggest contacting Robert Ott of OpenID Switzerland as well on the
>> EU front.
>>
>> =nat
>>

>> (2009/11/25 22:51), Don Thibeau (OIDF ED) wrote:
>>
>>> The OpenID Foundation has much work to do in Europe in 2010.
>>>
>>> I hope the board elections underway will increase our representation,
>>> resources and expertise on several fronts WRT OpenID EU.
>>> I plan to propose a 2010 OpenID Foundation EU committee to:
>>> 1. Review the analysis underway of our trademarks and brands
>>> 2. Discuss EU membership outreach and organization

Nat Sakimura (=nat)
http://www.sakimura.org/en/