[OpenID board] Status of the OpenID Foundation Europe

Henrik Biering hb at netamia.com
Wed Nov 25 02:06:39 UTC 2009

Hi Snorri,
how are you doing? I have not heard anything from you for quite a long time.

Yesterday, I discovered that the openid.dk domain registered by OpenID
foundation Europe had expired and had been deactivated.
I have now managed to pay the invoice and get the domain reactivated.

However, I wonder about the situation of OpenID Europe Foundation in
general. You have done an impressive job of aquiring the European and
National Trademarks for OpenID as well as several national OpenID
domains on behalf of the EU foundation, and it would be sad to see the
result of these efforts vanish.

If there are no resources available to maintain OpenID Foundation
Europe, maybe it is appropriate to consider how this IPR may be
consolidated within the global OpenID Foundation (or alternatively at
the national levels).

Best Regards,
Henrik Biering
OpenID-DK representative