[OpenID board] OpenID on Google Code

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Mon Mar 30 21:40:36 UTC 2009

Will Norris wrote:

>> I don't really like the idea of having all of these things in one
>> source code repository.
>>
>> For one thing, it'll be difficult to give someone commit access to the
>> python library without giving them commit access to the website, etc.
>>
>> It also makes it easier to pull things out into git/svk/whatever
>> repositories if they're split out.
>>
>> Does Google Code support multiple repositories for a single project?
>> If not, I would strongly encourage either making a separate project
>> for each distinct library and the website or finding another solution.
>
> Sorry... I guess I didn't finish explaining about the libraries.  We're
> starting with the PHP library only.  The code itself is housed at
> github, and the Google Code project will be used for bug tracking and
> releases.

Is there any reason not to just make openid-php for the PHP libraries,
along with later openid-python, openid-java, etc?

This keeps the library development somewhat decentralized, which I think
will be useful moving forward as maintainers change, etc. (It would be
annoying if the Python library maintainer had to go through the board to
get a new maintainer added to the project, for example.)

Even if it's just bug tracking, I don't really see the advantage of
having the issues for the PHP library in the same tracker as the issues
for the Python library, or indeed the OpenID website itself; that'll
just make it harder to find the bugs that are of interest.