[OpenID board] board Digest, Vol 27, Issue 5

abdulmajid aman abdul_4fa at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 9 19:11:57 UTC 2009


please don't send messege again thank u

-----Original Message-----
From: board-request at openid.net <board-request at openid.net>
Sent: 3/9/2009 7:00:02 PM
To: board at openid.net <board at openid.net>
Subject: board Digest, Vol 27, Issue 5


Send board mailing list submissions to
	board at openid.net

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
	http://openid.net/mailman/listinfo/board
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
	board-request at openid.net

You can reach the person managing the list at
	board-owner at openid.net

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of board digest..."


Today's Topics:

   1. Re: Sponsoring Transparency Camp? (Bill Washburn)
   2. openid.org causing confusion (Martin Atkins)
   3. Re: openid.org causing confusion (Chris Messina)
   4. Re: openid.org causing confusion (David Recordon)


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 10:09:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: Bill Washburn <billhwashburn at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [OpenID board] Sponsoring Transparency Camp?
To: board at openid.net
Message-ID: <7384.10253.qm at web90401.mail.mud.yahoo.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

Chris, David, Don, Brian

Just to let you know, I have had a few interesting interactions in the past 6-9 months with a few people I've known over the years who work the Washington world.  Depending on what you think the interest levels and opportunities may be I think it could be possible to get serious about intra-federal-govt needs as well as all the e-govt "opportunities".  And then there are the specific medical and health services things gaining some recent traction.

cheers,
-bill




________________________________
From: Chris Messina <chris.messina at gmail.com>
To: board <board at openid.net>
Sent: Sunday, March 8, 2009 10:20:25 AM
Subject: Re: [OpenID board] Sponsoring Transparency Camp?

To follow up on the event, it was a rather large success, I'd say, with representatives from OMB, GSA, State, DOD and other acronymatic orgs.

Dave and I presented on the DiSo Project and had a round-table discussion on OpenID for the government, which was received very well.

The government seems eager to learn more about OpenID, and I think our attendance (and Dave's/OIDF's sponsorship) was money well spent.

Episode 31 of TheSocialWeb.tv provides an overview of our experience: http://thesocialweb.tv/

Chris


2009/2/23 David Recordon <david at sixapart.com>

This weekend is a BarCamp style event in DC called Transparency Camp by the Sunlight Foundation and some government agencies.  Chris is attending and I'll most likely attend (attendance is closed at this point so unfortunately Don wouldn't be able to make it) though I'm wondering if the OpenID Foundation would want to sponsor it since Chris will be there and I might?

Sponsorships start at $50 and getting OpenID better in front of government in a semi more formal manner seems like a good idea.  If nothing else, does anyone object if I personally given an in-kind sponsorship for the Foundation?  Would anyone object to the Foundation itself sponsoring the event for $150?

http://transparencycamp.eventbrite.com/

Thanks,
--David
_______________________________________________
board mailing list
board at openid.net
http://openid.net/mailman/listinfo/board



-- 
Chris Messina
Citizen-Participant &
 Open Web Advocate-at-Large

factoryjoe.com # diso-project.org
citizenagency.com # vidoop.com
This email is:   [ ] bloggable    [X] ask first   [ ] private
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://openid.net/pipermail/board/attachments/20090309/faa0d52f/attachment.html>

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 10:29:18 -0700
From: Martin Atkins <mart at degeneration.co.uk>
Subject: [OpenID board] openid.org causing confusion
To: board at openid.net
Message-ID: <49B551EE.5000301 at degeneration.co.uk>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed


In a bunch of places I see people thinking that openid.org is somehow 
the "main", "default", "primary" or only OpenID provider.

Clearly this is what the OpenID trademark is supposed to protect the 
OpenID brand against.

What can be done about this?




------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 11:01:51 -0700
From: Chris Messina <chris.messina at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [OpenID board] openid.org causing confusion
To: board at openid.net
Message-ID:
	<1bc4603e0903091101m1e66be6cub47368866c756bc2 at mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Agreed.
This is something that we must address, and has been on our radar.

We largely need to develop a reasonable trademark policy, similar to
Jabber's perhaps, the affords productive and non-misleading uses of the mark
without imperiling the integrity of things are OFFICIALLY sanctioned or
sponsored by the OIDF.

Thanks for raising this issue again.

If you could provide us with specific examples off-list where you're seeing
confusing portrayals of the relationship between OpenID or OIDF and
third-parties, that would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Chris

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 10:29 AM, Martin Atkins <mart at degeneration.co.uk>wrote:

>
> In a bunch of places I see people thinking that openid.org is somehow the
> "main", "default", "primary" or only OpenID provider.
>
> Clearly this is what the OpenID trademark is supposed to protect the OpenID
> brand against.
>
> What can be done about this?
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> board mailing list
> board at openid.net
> http://openid.net/mailman/listinfo/board
>



-- 
Chris Messina
Citizen-Participant &
 Open Web Advocate-at-Large

factoryjoe.com # diso-project.org
citizenagency.com # vidoop.com
This email is:   [ ] bloggable    [X] ask first   [ ] private
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://openid.net/pipermail/board/attachments/20090309/4c7d93b4/attachment-0001.htm>

------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 11:59:20 -0700
From: David Recordon <david at sixapart.com>
Subject: Re: [OpenID board] openid.org causing confusion
To: board at openid.net
Message-ID: <492A52B5-5448-4820-941A-3CB80CE2C01C at sixapart.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"; Format="flowed";
	DelSp="yes"

Yes, this is something that I'm hoping Don will be able to drive to  
completion over the next few months.  We have the needed skeleton of a  
plan, but need the time to get the work done.

--David

On Mar 9, 2009, at 11:01 AM, Chris Messina wrote:

> Agreed.
>
> This is something that we must address, and has been on our radar.
>
> We largely need to develop a reasonable trademark policy, similar to  
> Jabber's perhaps, the affords productive and non-misleading uses of  
> the mark without imperiling the integrity of things are OFFICIALLY  
> sanctioned or sponsored by the OIDF.
>
> Thanks for raising this issue again.
>
> If you could provide us with specific examples off-list where you're  
> seeing confusing portrayals of the relationship between OpenID or  
> OIDF and third-parties, that would be very helpful.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris
>
> On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 10:29 AM, Martin Atkins <mart at degeneration.co.uk 
> > wrote:
>
> In a bunch of places I see people thinking that openid.org is  
> somehow the "main", "default", "primary" or only OpenID provider.
>
> Clearly this is what the OpenID trademark is supposed to protect the  
> OpenID brand against.
>
> What can be done about this?
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> board mailing list
> board at openid.net
> http://openid.net/mailman/listinfo/board
>
>
>
> -- 
> Chris Messina
> Citizen-Participant &
>  Open Web Advocate-at-Large
>
> factoryjoe.com # diso-project.org
> citizenagency.com # vidoop.com
> This email is:   [ ] bloggable    [X] ask first   [ ] private
> _______________________________________________
> board mailing list
> board at openid.net
> http://openid.net/mailman/listinfo/board

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://openid.net/pipermail/board/attachments/20090309/08e053c8/attachment-0001.htm>

------------------------------

_______________________________________________
board mailing list
board at openid.net
http://openid.net/mailman/listinfo/board


End of board Digest, Vol 27, Issue 5
************************************



More information about the board mailing list