[OpenID board] openid.org causing confusion

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 18:01:51 UTC 2009

Agreed.
This is something that we must address, and has been on our radar.

We largely need to develop a reasonable trademark policy, similar to
Jabber's perhaps, the affords productive and non-misleading uses of the mark
without imperiling the integrity of things are OFFICIALLY sanctioned or
sponsored by the OIDF.

Thanks for raising this issue again.

If you could provide us with specific examples off-list where you're seeing
confusing portrayals of the relationship between OpenID or OIDF and
third-parties, that would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Chris

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 10:29 AM, Martin Atkins <mart at degeneration.co.uk>wrote:

> In a bunch of places I see people thinking that openid.org is somehow the
> "main", "default", "primary" or only OpenID provider.
>
> Clearly this is what the OpenID trademark is supposed to protect the OpenID
> brand against.
>
> What can be done about this?

Chris Messina
Citizen-Participant &