[OpenID board] Sponsoring Transparency Camp?

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 17:20:25 UTC 2009

To follow up on the event, it was a rather large success, I'd say, with
representatives from OMB, GSA, State, DOD and other acronymatic orgs.
Dave and I presented on the DiSo Project and had a round-table discussion on
OpenID for the government, which was received very well.

The government seems eager to learn more about OpenID, and I think our
attendance (and Dave's/OIDF's sponsorship) was money well spent.

Episode 31 of TheSocialWeb.tv provides an overview of our experience:
http://thesocialweb.tv/

Chris

2009/2/23 David Recordon <david at sixapart.com>

> This weekend is a BarCamp style event in DC called Transparency Camp by the
> Sunlight Foundation and some government agencies.  Chris is attending and
> I'll most likely attend (attendance is closed at this point so unfortunately
> Don wouldn't be able to make it) though I'm wondering if the OpenID
> Foundation would want to sponsor it since Chris will be there and I might?
>
> Sponsorships start at $50 and getting OpenID better in front of government
> in a semi more formal manner seems like a good idea.  If nothing else, does
> anyone object if I personally given an in-kind sponsorship for the
> Foundation?  Would anyone object to the Foundation itself sponsoring the
> event for $150?
>
> http://transparencycamp.eventbrite.com/
>
> Thanks,
> --David