[OpenID board] Perception of the Foundation (Was: Fwd: [OpenID] Google's proprietary discovery extension?)

Santosh Rajan santrajan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 03:44:44 UTC 2009

First of all I am not proposing anything, nor am i complaining about
anything. I am just bringing to your notice what I think is a very serious
problem with the OpenID board.
And yes let us face it. There definitely is a serious leadership vacuum
here. I am sure every one is aware of it but nobody speaks about it.

As you said Don is an infrastructure guy, but why bring Don into this at
all. I dont think he was hired for a leadership role at all. The leader has
to be the chairman of the board. The chairman must be a technical wiz plus
someone who can lead from the front, and should be rallying the community.

I cant see someone who is good at both here, technology and rallying the
flock.
Actually I dont mind one of the corporate members being chairman of the
board provided he has a written mandate from his company to work as he
wishes independently on a board like this. Something like the mandate given
to Eran from Yahoo.

-----