[OpenID board] Reducing the Vote Notification Period for New Working Groups

David Recordon david at sixapart.com
Thu Jan 29 01:55:25 UTC 2009

After the Specs Council has recommended a working group proposal, we
send a message to the specs at openid.net mailing list stating that we
have done so and announcing that there will be a Membership vote
fifteen days in the future.  I would like to see us reduce this
notification period – the Membership voting period is seven days – and
would recommend a three day notification period excluding weekends and
holidays.  This would reduce the current process from taking a maximum
of 29 days to a maximum of 25 days which still seems very lengthy.  I
do wonder about the need of the notification period considering that
the voting period is seven days and every member receives an email
when the vote opens.

Thoughts?

--David