[OpenID board] Adapting the Voting Tool for the Specs Council?

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 18:18:22 UTC 2009

Seems like getting more bang for our buck from that tool makes plenty of
sense.
This also seems like a good reason for open sourcing the tool sooner than
later -- providing opportunities for folks to contribute patches where
necessary to enable these kinds of changes (though open sourcing the app
will not necessarily cause code to be written, I realize).

Chris

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 9:29 AM, David Recordon <david at sixapart.com> wrote:

> I'm wondering what it would take to make the voting tool be able to help
> out the specs council?  Like other votes, some of the challenges are sifting
> through an email thread collecting votes, getting people to realize that
> they're supposed to vote in a certain thread and mixing the input between
> the community and council members.  What I'd propose is that we add the
> ability to vote on proposals to the voting tool in such a way where anyone
> (including non-members) can vote though the results are displayed split up
> between the council member votes and the wider community votes (a bit like
> how the US election has the popular vote and the electoral vote).  Ideally
> this would be extended to the final approval vote as well so that anyone
> could vote but only the votes from Foundation members would be counted.
>
> Who should I work with to make this happen?  Other ideas on how this should
> work?
>
> Thanks,
> --David

Chris Messina