[OpenID board] [OpenID - Eu] Status of the OpenID Foundation Europe

Henrik Biering hb at netamia.com
Sat Dec 5 17:37:14 UTC 2009

Robert Ott wrote:
>@All OpenID Europe: Who want's to be an 'active' part of
>OpenID Europe? Please answer directly to me in order that
>I can convert the feedback in a coordinated proposal to OIDF.
and
>Please drop me an e-mail with your contact address and state
>whether or not you are still interested to be a OpenID
>representative of the corresponding country. Please assure
>that I get the e-mail by end of 2009.

In order to stop the confusion about OIDE - and even more importantly - facilitate a discussion of the future activities on a European level, I think it is important to keep all correspondence on the public EU-list and use the wiki.openid.net to draft and sum up any conclusions as well as a list of current contacts.

In that way everybody has access to to same information about what happens in Europe and can benefit from contacting each other directly at any given occasion. If the public list is not used for these purposes it will continue its previous starvation. And obvious confusion like this will continue to flourish:

----------------------------
http://www.sakimura.org/en/modules/wordpress/openid-international-activities-updates/

-----------------------------

Lukas Rosenstock wrote:
>If you're planning to reorganize OpenID Europe I'm willing to give
> my input and feedback but I won't be able to put much effort in it
>from my end and, as per my current geographic location, I may not
>be the best person for that anyway. I have no issues wearing that
>badge of the German OpenID representative but I will happily resign
>if someone else will take over.

With respect to the "appointment" of Country Representatives I also believe that the primary purpose is to act as a point of reference for other people from that country to facilitate contacts on a national level until it is obvious for newbies who to contact - e.g. when a local OIDF chapter has been formed. I think it should be made clear that the Country Representatives are in no way supposed to act as a filter and that anyone from any country in Europe is free to publish and discuss OpenID opportunities or problems related to his country.

Therefore I would urge anyone following this list not only to contact their listed country representative or others by private mail, but also to come forward with any proposals or questions directly on this list. In that respect we europeans can learn a lot from the other US(dominated) lists.

Henrik Biering
=henrik