[OpenID board] logging into openid.net => use of RPX

DeWitt Clinton dewitt at google.com
Thu Dec 3 08:22:03 UTC 2009

I now delegate http://dewitt.unto.net/ to the Google provider and it worked
with RPX (using Chrome on both OSX and Linux).   But I sense an opportunity
here for some useful data collection from a set of ostensibly sophisticated
OpenID users.

Brian -- after the election, can we get a breakdown of exactly how people
are using RPX to access openid.net?  Specifically, which IDPs, how many
people delegate, which protocol versions, etc?  Failure stats would be
useful as well, as it sounds like there have been a few trouble spots.

Personally I still like the experience of RPX better than the alternatives,
though we probably could live with just the OpenID button in this case, as I
believe we require an openid to create the account.  (Though I'd be very
curious if people even tried to use anything else...)

-DeWitt