[OpenID board] [board-private] FW: Bylaws v1.5 - Action Required

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Thu Aug 20 01:04:55 UTC 2009

David raises some good points.  Here's my comments.

I believe that 3.1(b) should make it clear that that Sustaining members are organizations and that the organization appoints their board representative.  That will clearly differentiate sustaining and community members.

I'm OK with the removal in 3.1(c), because I believe removing it doesn't practically change the meaning of the document.

Given that "regular" meetings are meetings of the board, the removal in 4.9 makes sense to me.

David's right that 5.2(b) needs to be corrected to make it clear that all directors elect new community directors - not just the community directors.  (Just like all directors decide whether to admit new sustaining members as well.)

I agree with David on 5.15(b) as well, as this is in contradiction our standing policy (affirmed by a unanimous board vote) that all directors are eligible to vote on all issues.

I agree with David on 5.15(c) as well.  The text should make it clear, in the case of sustaining members, that it is the sustaining member being removed (the organization) and not just the individual representative appointed by that organization.

David is also right about 7.4(a), as it fails to include the International representative and the Community representative.  It is also misleading about how the committee members are chosen, as all these members are chosen by the board from among itself - not just the International and Community representatives.

                                                                -- Mike