[OpenID board] OpenID Foundation Membership

Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.) eddy_nigg at startcom.org
Mon Oct 27 08:07:42 UTC 2008

On 10/27/2008 04:53 AM, Drummond Reed:

> Vote on ratification of OpenID specifications and recommendations
> (haven't received any instructions or guidelines how to check for
> upcoming votes besides what I know from the mailing lists. Neither is
> it clear to me how voting will be performed.)
>
> There have not been any votes yet. The first one looks like it will be
> for the outcome of the PAPE working group after it’s public review –
> the PAPE WG should have more info on that.

I'm not concerned about the way this is done, email is perfectly fine, a
mailing list would be better. Incidentally I'd like to know and see
follow members and how they vote eventually, also understanding how much
our vote would influence that.

>     * Be eligible for inclusion in OpenID Foundation press releases
>       and industry events (Not sure how the board intends to inform
>       members about upcoming press releases and have them included or
>       not - I expect this to be non-compulsory)
>
> There haven’t been any yet other than one announcing the new board
> members earlier this year. I believe notice will be sent to the
> General list, but it could make sense to use a Members list for this
> too. I expect this is one of the tasks the new ED will tackle.

Yes, I'm aware that no press-releases were made. If announcement is made
through the general mailing list doesn't matter, even though I think
that the boards list or a dedicated one would be more suitable (another
one :S )

Thanks for addressing those two points.

Regards
Signer: 	Eddy Nigg, StartCom Ltd. <http://www.startcom.org>