[OpenID board] URGENT: New Board members motion

Anthony Nadalin drsecure at us.ibm.com
Fri Oct 24 06:15:11 UTC 2008

Good things take time.

-----------------
Sent from my BlackBerry Handheld.

----- Original Message -----
From: Dick Hardt [dick.hardt at gmail.com]
Sent: 10/23/2008 10:29 PM MST
To: board at openid.net
Subject: Re: [OpenID board] URGENT: New Board members motion

I made the motion at the last meeting telecon.

Members of the membership committee objected as they had not completed
their report.
I stated that we had procrastinated long enough on making a decision
-- six months now -- and that we should make a decision -- and that
waiting another 6 weeks was unnecessary. The suggestion was that we
could vote on the motion by email once the membership committee has
provided their report.

Once the report was out and we had some dialog, I started the motion
on the private mailing list, and then realized we could have the vote
on the public list -- so here we are.

There seems to be an inordinate amount of discussion about a topic we
have touched on numerous times in the past six months.

-- Dick