[OpenID board] [board-private] FW: PAPE Specification Review Period Commencing

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Thu Oct 23 17:28:22 UTC 2008

Mike Jones wrote:
> The relevant language in the IPR Procedures document is:
>
> ·         Prominent posting (at least 14 days in advance of the
> beginning of the voting period) on homepage of OIDF website (but solely
> for votes to approve Implementers’ Drafts, Final Specifications, and Errata)
>
> No, upon re-reading, it doesn’t literally say that notification of the
> review period must also occur via the home page, but given that the
> “prominent posting” of the vote is required to be on the home page, it’s
> also reasonable to interpret the intent of the procedures to assume that
> the review period notification should be just as prominent as the voting
> notification, which follows it.

Note also that it mentions the "*OIDF* website", not the OpenID website.
I'm not sure what constitutes the OIDF website, though. Is it
openid.net/foundation ?

With that said, I don't think there's really much harm in this going on
openid.net where it will have more visibility to those who might like to
join OIDF in order to take part in this review / vote.