[OpenID board] Who manages OpenID?

Johannes Ernst jernst at netmesh.us
Fri May 9 23:56:05 UTC 2008

http://mashable.com/2008/05/09/callverfid/

	On Monday, Janrain, the group managing the OpenID protocol will
announce a new “strong authentication” option for Web sites utilizing
the OpenID login option. This new strong authentication is named
CallVerifID and could replace access keys and keycard devices over
time. CallVerifID uses the PhoneFactor service from Positive Networks.

This is a very consistent positioning of JanRain having the OpenID
Foundation's role, and it is obviously wrong. Note I do not mean to
say that that is intentional by anybody -- but I have seen it often
enough now that I think the foundation should make a concerted effort
to clarify its own role, as well as the role of the vendors that are
members of the foundation.

Bill: how do you feel about calling all of the guys up who keep
writing this?

Johannes Ernst
NetMesh Inc.