[OpenID board] Agenda for 7/8/2008 ...

Snorri snorri at snorri.eu
Sun Jul 6 11:34:21 UTC 2008

Hi Dick,

I know perfectly well how members vote within OIDF.

But as I do not know the list of the Members of OIDF—as that list is not
accessible to the public—I cannot tell you if certain members have paid dues
twice, but I would be surprised if they had.

As I have already explained, many businesses in Europe and in Asia will
never wish to be (only/directly) members of an US Foundation. This is simply
a reality of the market and a cultural fact.

These 22 members (I am hoping for a larger number, 80 to 100 in 2009) are to
this day authorized to vote with OIDE. We can hope that in the near future
this would have for them a greater significance than today, in particular
after my recent interviews with the Presidency (France since this week
http://www.ue2008.fr/PFUE/lang/en/accueil) of the European Community which
seem promising. The EU Government would help OpenID, both by initiating a
European normalization process, and by participating in the writing of the
technical specifications.

As I have offered several times to the Board, it would be quite possible to
set in place something large and quite good at the global level, with a
system involving controlled sharing (this is what we are already doing in
Europe with the National Chapters), a system within which each Chapter would
bring in funding for the Foundation (meaning OIDF this time). In this way, a
French company which would become Member of OpenID France, or an Argentinean
business becoming a Member of OpenID Argentina (I use this example since the
OpenID Foundation Argentina is in the process of being incorporated in
Buenos Aires) would automatically also become a Member of OIDF.

Of course a legal and financial organization should be put in place
beforehand.

Once again, all these topics are mentioned in the OpenID’09 program I am
soon to present to the Board and the Community.

I remain, until then, at your disposal

-Snorri