[OpenID board] Social Graph FooCamp help ...

Scott Kveton scott at kveton.com
Wed Jan 9 20:28:41 UTC 2008

> Unfortunately I don't think we can just flow money through the
> Foundation if the Foundation is not actively involved. It would raise
> concerns from the tax people and members of the Foundation would
> wonder what we are doing.

Agreed.

> The event does look like something where OpenID should have a
> presence, so perhaps the Foundation can participate in the event and
> promote OpenID. Then as part of the participation, it could handle
> the funds. Taking a management fee for handling the funds would be a
> good idea as well. :-)

Okay, this makes sense.

> Scott: do you want to propose to the board something about the
> Foundation participating and we have an email vote on it?

I'll put forth the motion that the OpenID Foundation participate in
this event as a sponsor as we see this as a valuable part of the open
web eco-system we're trying to promote.  The sponsorship would be in
the form of managing the finances for the event and sending
representatives.  David and I can make sure to promote that
accordingly on the SG Foo site, etc.

Thoughts?