[OpenID board] Year-end financials

Johannes Ernst jernst at netmesh.us
Thu Dec 18 17:05:47 UTC 2008

On Dec 18, 2008, at 8:56, Dick Hardt wrote:

> On 17-Dec-08, at 10:16 AM, Johannes Ernst wrote:
>
>>> Johannes: you continually harp on financial aspects of the
>>> Foundation
>>> -- and you are a lone voice amongst board members.
>>
>> That is another thing that really worries me.
>
> That's a start -- now you just need to reflect what you should be
> worried about. :-)

Enough said.

>> What I didn't get, though, is a clear statement whether or not year-
>> end financials will be the responsibility of the current officers or
>> the next ones. The point would be moot if it was the same set of
>> officers, but we won't know until January I presume (new board, new
>> officer elections), and I would like to have a definitive statement
>> before this election is over.
>
> In a previous email I sent on this thread, I answered the question.
> The Foundation's year end is March 31.

So the answer is "no" ?

I was ambiguous in what I was saying I just realize: I should have
said the financials of the 3rd fiscal quarter in our fiscal year,
which happens to end with the calendar year (which I was referring to)
and seems to coincide with us having a new board. That seems to be a
good point to hand over.

Johannes Ernst
NetMesh Inc.