[OpenID board] BOARD VOTE: Motion to update Rails plugin andOpenID.net ...

Brian Kissel bkissel at janrain.com
Thu Dec 18 16:59:48 UTC 2008

Agreed there is no consensus on the UX for OpenID ;-)  Not sure there ever will be.  And to be clear, I was not requesting nor advocating paying anything to JanRain, only offering that we could do that for free if requested.  Seems like the simplest, quickest, cheapest thing would be to have Refresh Media put the text box on the front of RPX.  If AOL were willing to modify their UX at MapQuest to include the top X (10, 15, 20?) commercial OPs, would that be a better UX?  I could ask George if they'd be willing to do that for free.  I remember when this discussion came up earlier, there were a number of people who suggested that having a more intuitive UX on the OIDF website would be a good thing.

We have a new membership polling tool, why not use that to see what our membership thinks?  Seems like getting the membership input would be helpful.

Cheers,

Brian

Brian Kissel

Cell: 503.866.4424