[OpenID board] BOARD VOTE: Motion to update Rails plugin and OpenID.net ...

Scott Kveton scott at kveton.com
Thu Dec 18 03:10:19 UTC 2008

> I think I understand where you're coming from, but I'm not convinced it is
> critical, and that's partly because I don't have an issue with us continuing
> to use the JanRain RPX as long as everything is above board and transparent.

Great.  We'll just switch it to the solution Vidoop (my company) is
baking after the first of the year then.  I'm saying that a bit tongue
in cheek but I think you get my point.

> That said, I'm personally all for us setting aside a non-trivial portion of
> the budget explicitly to fund open source development.  But that is for the
> incoming board to decide and is worthy of a debate on its own.

I'm actually -1 to this ... lord knows Google spends enough on this
already ... :-)  Again, I'm not proposing to fund the creation of open
source software for the sake of open source software; I'm saying let's
make the membership software vendor neutral and release the results as
open source.

- Scott