[OpenID board] BOARD VOTE: Motion to update Rails plugin and OpenID.net ...

DeWitt Clinton dewitt at google.com
Thu Dec 18 02:45:55 UTC 2008

So the Rails part is incidental, right?  Thus the motion could be rephrased
as "pay Refresh Media $2k to upgrade their plugin to support OpenID 2.0 and,
as per the usual arrangement, open source the code"?

If so, I have no objections to that motion per se, but I'd also say a) the
executive committee should be able to authorize this spending out of a
pre-approved budget and hence it shouldn't need a board vote, and b) I'd
rather us not vote on anything non-critical until the incoming BoD is in
place in a couple of weeks.

I very much like Brian's earlier point about making sure that the new ED and
incoming board have as much of a budget to work with as possible.

So -1 unless I hear a compelling argument as to why we need to do this right
now.

-DeWitt