[OpenID board] ACTION REQUIRED - BOARD VOTE was RE: OpenID bounty awards ...

Scott Kveton scott at kveton.com
Thu Dec 18 01:29:28 UTC 2008

> I was hoping someone else would look it up ... :-)

As per section 4.9 of the OpenID Foundation bylaws (thanks Chris for
wiki-izing those):

https://openid.pbwiki.com/Bylaws#Section49ActionbyWrittenBallot

We can use a written ballot (email will suffice for each board member)
and require the following:

* The motion or proposed action that
* Motion must indicate the number of responses needed to meet quorum
and percentage of approvals to pass
* Provide an opportunity to specify approval or disapproval of each
proposed action
* Specify a reasonable time within which to return the ballot to this
corporation

As per section 4.9 the written ballot is treated as a "special
meeting" and is subject to "reasonable time" (7 days) from section
4.4:

https://openid.pbwiki.com/Bylaws#Section44NoticeofMeetings

As such, I'm going to make the following motion:

I would like to conclude the OpenID Bounty program by awarding
qualifying open source projects Dokeos, TwikiWiki and Joomla each
$5000 for a grand total of $15000 to be paid out by the OpenID
Foundation.  This motion will require responses from 7 board members
with at least 4 +1's (57.1% in favor) from those responses by
Wednesday 12/24/2008.

- Scott